Sunday 10 March 2013

Is chivalry dead??


BEWARE: Rant about to commence.

Question... when did it become the norm for guys to turn into douche bags.

Now yes, I will admit not ALL guys are scumbags. There are some lovely, kind, intelligent men out there... somewhere... however they certainly weren't at The Sheaf, Double Bay last night.

I think the highlight has to go to the two 'men' and I use that term loosely, who thought it was appropriate to ask my lovely friends and I whether we enjoyed anal sex. Yes, you did read that right dear readers, we had some random guys, who thought it was totally appropriate to ask us that question.

I'm afraid to admit I got a little ghetto in my response, and I certainly won't repeat Kiri's response, even though she has won my respect for life. However if this was a group of friends we would have had a hearty laugh about it and probably an interesting conversation, but no, these weren't friends, these weren't even guys that we had known for longer than 5 minutes.

In the recent weeks I have been flashed by a guy to prove his "all man" (he wasn't) asked if I like anal, and had a guy pass out drunk during a date. I'm not joking he literally passed out cold. Where do I find these men you may be asking? I have pondered that myself! Am I a magnet for the crazies, while all the normal guys are going on normal dates??

I'm not sure, but I sure would like to find out!

Let's bring back the good ol' days when a guy asked you out via a phone call, not text, picked you up in his car, took you somewhere nice to impress your socks off and then followed up with a nice text the next day.

I know this all sounds a little backwards, and in the modern era where we women want equal rights it may be a little silly to think that he should go to all the effort, but hey, call me old fashioned, I like to be sufficiently wined and dined.

So until I see a man with a little bit of spark, pizzaz and manners I am hereby on a man-ban!!

In the fine words of Mr Don Draper..


Right on Don!

No comments:

Post a Comment