Tuesday 5 March 2013

Bachelor Of The Week: Beau Walker



Now most of you would know this handsome devil as 'Nitro' from 'The Shak' however when he is not gracing our TV screens he can be found surfing waves and letting loose at the hottest Sydney bar 'Crane' on a Wednesday night.

If his good looks aren't enough, this boy from Byron Bay has also represented Australia in surfing.

I got to chat to the one-and-only Beau Walker about all the important things in life including why he no longer goes "commando'" Check it out..

Who is your current idol?

My current idol is Kelly Slater. He's been an idol of mine since I was a kid and doing surf competitions. He's still an idol today not only because of how far has had brought surfing but also the adversity he over comes each and every year.

What are the qualities you look for in a girl?

Well any girl that can genuinely make me laugh is right up there in my books. Especially getting older the superficial things don't really appeal to me these days. A natural beauty i.e. not having to cake on make up and a nice smile.

If you could play any character in any movie who would it be?

I would love to play an offside with Will Ferrel in any one of his movies like Anchorman or Step Brothers. Can you imagine how fun that would be! Old School. Good god!

Are you a boxers or brief man?

Boxer all the way. Funny story about that though. I use to be as free as the kid inside of me growing up in Byron Bay, till one day while filming a story on Polo (horses, sticks etc) I went to get up on my horse, split my jeans and there I was in all my glory haha thought I'd wear boxes from then on. Especially after I got caught on camera yeeeeow!

What is currently on your nightstand?

I have my 2013 goals written up, multivitamins, playstation 3 controller, lamp, spray deodorant, clock, Alien Movie Cup (transparent orange), iPad, phone, wallet, surfboard wax, air con remote, Vicks vapour rub, car keys and floss. Haha wow I should probably sort my life out in the next hour or so.

What was the last song you downloaded?

The last song I downloaded was Ben Pearce "What I might do". Pretty catchy I reckon. Gets you doing a subtle two-step even if you don't realise it.

What has been your biggest career highlight so far?

I couldn't say. Each goal I have achieved has a different effect on me but no greater value then the other. So far a 5th in the world title with surfing is up there, being a Channel 9 Presenter, currently a NSW business consultant for a company called Ozdare and I look after the brand ELEVEN which is a hair product haha how ironic when you look like Simba with this mane on my head, also a Wednesday night I started in Kings Cross called SHADOWS (go to my fb page for details). I guess being happy at the time with what your doing is a highlight in itself.

If you were an animal what would you be?

Well all my mates call me Magilla, which is the name of a cartoon character who was a gorilla so I reckon they are pretty on the money with that call.

If you could meet anyone in the world who would it be and what would you say?

If I could meet anyone it would probably be Denzel Washington. I would probably ask him these questions your asking me, that and how come he doesn't enjoy watching his own movies. That's true. One of the greatest actors of all time and he doesn't like movies haha.

If you were stranded on a deserted island what three items would you take with you?

An abnormally large size packet of crispy m&m's, a soccer ball and aeroguard.





No comments:

Post a Comment