Thursday 21 March 2013

Bachelor of the Week: Cameron Laing



If Brad Pitt had a younger brother who could play the guitar, do funny impersonations and rock an awesome tan than this dude would be it!

You may have seen him performing on stage as the guitarist in band "Amy Meredith" and gracing the covers of last years Cleo Bachelor of the year awards. 


I was the lucky lady to chat to Cam about coconut supermarkets, Ninja Turtles and MORE..


Who is your current Idol and why?
I'm not sure if I actually have an 'idol' as such but I would have to say that I definitely look up to my Mum and Dad. They put up with so much and work their arses off every single day. 
I owe a lot to them, they are always there for me more than anyone in my life and to do that without any complaint and a big smile every single day is a hero in my books. I probably owe them a lot of money too, so i kind of have to say that!
What are three qualities you like in a girl?
I like a confident girl who doesn't take life too seriously. If you have a nice down to earth personality and a beautiful smile you will literally have me at 'hello.'
If you could play any character in any movie, who would it be?
I'm a massive Jim Carey fan so to play any of his characters in any of his movies would be an absolute blast. I love to make people laugh so I think if I could be Jim Carey, especially in Ace Ventura Pet Detective, I would be set. 
But I'm not him, so I guess I will just have to stick with bad impersonations in front of the mirror in my bedroom.
Are you a boxers or brief boy?
I don't think I've ever worn briefs. Like ever. So yep, I'm a boxers boy. Not silk boxers though, they make your pants slide down. I used to wear them when I was a kid but thats because they had ninja turtles on them and they were fucking cool.
What's currently on your nightstand?
A freaking mess. Ok, so there's deodorants, old photos, rings and necklaces, tweezers, Family Guy DVDs, keys, an old glass Coke bottle that I bought from 7/11 about 15 years ago that I haven't opened, guitar strings, guitar picks, sunglasses, various half empty Vodka and Tequila bottles, old unused cards from my wallet. I should probably tidy it. One day..
What was the last song you downloaded?
Well it wasn't actually a song but the new EP from Blink 182 "dogs eating Dogs" Its' great stuff.
What has been your biggest career highlight so far?
Playing guitar in Amy Meredith for the last 6 years had been a career highlight in itself. We have toured around Australia countless times with some of Australia's and America's biggest artists. 
We've travelled to New York, LA, Japan and even to places I thought i would never see like Afghanistan when we went to play for the troops. I've met thousands of people and had some of the best times of my life. Something i am truly grateful for.
If you were an animal what would you be?
I love to sleep, and my dog sleeps all day every day. Gets up to play and eat, then goes back to sleep again. Honestly, who wouldn't be a dog.
If you could meet anyone in the world, dead or alive, who would it be and what would you say to them?
I would love to meet Jerry Seinfeld so I could personally thank him for creating the best show that has ever been on television. Ever.
If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 items would you take with you?
The girl of my dreams. Even though I'd be ruining her life. I just assume that with all that time together she would get to know me and eventually fall madly in love with me and then, wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world as long as I was there with her. 
Although she might find me to be a total dick and go and live on the other side of the island and the only time I would get to see her is at the coconut supermarket. Awkies. 
A frisbee, because frisbee's are awesome. Oh and Bear Grylls because he would ensure my survival by about a million percent. I would surely die without him after a few hours. 
I know people aren't items but Bear Grylls and a woman are much better than a lighter and some sunscreen in my opinion.



No comments:

Post a Comment