Tuesday 26 February 2013

Why Bondi Markets Rock My World!



There is nothing nicer than waking up fresh on a Sunday with no hangover in sight and feeling like the world is your oyster! This doesn't happen to often so when it does I like to make the most of it!

Being a Bondi local, one of my absolute favourite things to do on a day such as this is make my way down to Bondi markets for a potter around.

Now I hear what you're thinking.. What makes Bondi Markets better than any other markets?? Well I'm glad you asked dear readers!

I have put together a list to outline exactly that!

1. They sell sausage sizzles, and who doesn't like a sausage sizzle??

2. You can buy a bunch of fresh flowers for under $10, If you currently single like myself this is a fab way to spoil yourself! You can even pretend your on a date... with yourself! Is that tragic?? Whatevzzzz!



3. It has fabulous hand-made jewellery unlike anything you may come across in large department stores.

4. They are super strict with which new designers they let sell their goods at these markets, so you're bound to buy the next up-and-comers wears for a bargain price! It has been the launch pad for designers such as Ksubi and Lover.



5. Dogs are welcome! I don't have a dog, but if I did I would totes bring it along!

Woof!

6. It is a great place for people spotting. These markets bring along the most eclectic bunch of peeps. There are your tourists, locals, hipsters, celebrities and everything in between.

7. Bored with giving your friends the same old dud presents? Here you can buy unique one-off pieces such as hand-made bags, artwork, candles, jewellery and gorgeous pop-up cards that will make your present stand out from the rest. Go you!

8. You can deck your whole house out in Bondi Markets trinkets. They sell retro furniture, gorgeous artworks and there's even a wide selection of mirrors and frames. Ain't nobody want a house reflecting an ikea catalogue!




Opening Days
Every Sunday

Opening Times
10am to 4pm

Location
Bondi Beach Public School, Campbell ParadeBondi Beach

Phone: 02 9315 7011

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I bought a painting from an artist at Bondi about an year ago. I don't know her/his name or website. The painting is really colorful and made on wood I think you have a pic above^ just wondering if you know the artist. I am living in Finland and comming to Sydney next December. Keen on getting some more art.

    ReplyDelete