Friday 22 February 2013

Ain't nobody got time for that!

The dating world is scary enough as it is, what with the whole getting to know someone, minding your manners, pretending you do lots of cool things like watch football, actually go swimming at the beach and never swear. So if you can make it though all that and still come out of it all with a boyff then you should be loving life!

So why, my dear lady friends, do we insist on being crazy maniacs when it comes to meeting the bf's ex ,or being the ex meeting the new gf?

I can put my hand up and say yes 'My name is Jana Hocking and I have donned my 'attitude face' when it has come to that awkward moment.' I may have even said a few things I perhaps shouldn't have (no need to re-live the whole 'nice supre outfit' saga... not one of my proudest moments!) However, in the words of the fine Bob Dylan 'these times are a changin' and no more will I be miss cranky pants. Oh no!

We girls have it tough enough, what with the whole 'giving birth', dealing with PMS, putting up with guys, and that awful menopause thing to deal with. Why be mean to each other as well??

Perhaps we need to suck it up and remind ourselves that it takes two to tango. If the guy has moved on to someone else, so be it! Or if you are the new girlfriend, rejoice! Don't be cranky at the girl who was his past.

So without sounding like a  "let's burn our bras and stop waxing" feminist, I generally don't mind the whole 'sisterhood' idea. Perhaps next time we're stuck in that awkward situation we relax those face muscles, hide that glare and plant a big ol' grin on our faces and save our bitching for later with the bestie. Hey, no one's perfect!

Should you still have trouble doing this, I recommend watching a reunion episode of 'The Real housewives of" (insert whichever series is your favourite here, mine is Beverly Hills!) and look at how loco those gals get at each other. Aint nobody got time for that!




Less of this


More of this!


Even though you want to say this..






No comments:

Post a Comment