Sunday 17 February 2013

How to cure the hangover of all hangovers!!



It's sunday, so it's safe to assume you are reading this with a throbbing headache and craving a big mac!

I like to think of myself as somewhat-of-an-expert when it comes to hangovers. It starts with, 'hey let's go for one drink' and usually turns into 3 Espresso Martinis, 2 Rieslings and a vodka, soda and lime kinda night. Gaaaaah!!

I find they come in various degrees and ailments. For me, there is the 'headache hangover' from mixing my drinks, the 'nauseous hangovers' from forgetting when to actually stop drinking, the 'I-really-want-to-sleep-but-can't hangover' from drinking too many vodka redbulls (energy drinks and a dance floor do not mix well with me, no matter how awesome I think I look!) and then there's the good ol' 'Cringe hangover' that comes at various stages throughout the next day when you remember all the stoopid things you said or did. My friends like to call this hangover the 'Shaniqua' because apparently I turn all ghetto. 'Oh no you didn't'!!



So overtime I have tried a range of hangover cures to rid me of this dreaded morning-after-curse. Unfortunately I am yet to find the perfect cure however I've managed to pickup some handy tips and tricks along the way to make the next 24 hours a little easier.

Tip 1: ALWAYS have a big glass of Berocca before bed. It really does give you back your B-B-Bounce the next day. Ta-Ta headache!

Tip 2: Keep a bottle of water by your bed for the many times you will wake up throughout the night with a mouth as dry as the desert.

Tip 3: Craving something to eat on the way home? Do it! Going to bed with something to absorb the alcohol is always a good idea. Perhaps better to take this advice before you start drinking as well. 'Eating is cheating' is not a true statement.

Tip 4: Do as I do.. If you can, sleep through a hangover! Don't have to go to work in the morning? Then why not stay in bed?? Why be conscious when you don't have to!

Tip 5: Hair-of-the-dog! No, I don't mean wake up and go for another bottle of wine. I simply mean, get up, grab your closest girlfriends for a late breakfast and order that bloody mary! It certainly works for me. Obviously this is not medically correct (I can picture a doctor shaking his finger at the computer screen right now) However, one cheeky bloody mary should do the trick. Should you wish to make it yourself please see my past post.. here Mmmm delish!!

Tip 6: DO NOT drink at work functions. Just don't. You do not want to be 'that girl' they are talking about at work the next day. Keep it professshhh people!

I will now leave you to enjoy your hangover in peace. Draw the curtains, watch a whole series of your favorite TV show (Sex and The City always does the trick for me) and if you can, get someone to bring you something disgustingly fatty to eat! Yum!

J xx







3 comments:

  1. Hangover is now a big problems off all hangovers. I have an experience about ARMR Shots, Its a anti hangover drink which can help me to hangover cure, I am taking this before start my drink and it can gives me sober morning next day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing tips and tricks about hangovers. If we take Hangover Cure Drink before start drink then we get best result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete