Friday 8 February 2013

I'm currently crushing on...

After a brief ponder I have come up with a list of my current obsessions..

1. Jennifer Larwrence

 Yes, I am currently obsessed with all things Jennifer Lawrence related. Having watched 'Silver Lining Playbook' last weekend I can say hands down she is my favourite actress. Sorry Kate Hudson, you have been replaced! I don't know whether it is her 'I don't give a hoot' attitude, her dry sense of humour (check out the video below, the girl is FUNNY!) or the fact that she is 1 to 2 sizes larger than your typical waif-thin hollywood actress and still gorgeous, the girl is awesome and quite possibly my new BFF.





2. Chanel's new hot pink lipstick 'Rouge Allure Velvet- 37 L'Exuberante

Gone are the days of sticky tinted lipgloss. It's time to embrace the dramatic lip with a healthy lashing of  lipstick and Chanel by far do the best, long lasting colours! Number 37 is my fav and usually only needs to be applied one or two times to last the night.

Beauty tip: During a recent visit to Mecca, Paddington the Make up artist told me a secret tip (shhh!) to making your lipstick last a full 8 hours... Apply one coat of lipstick, then dab translucent powder over your lips and then add another coat of lipstick. I don't know why, but seriously, your lips will look great all night. No ugly faded lipstick lips for you!

When in doubt.... pout!


3. Girls (TV series)

Why is it that everything HBO touches turns to gold. I am obsessed with this show, and if I have spoken to you within the last two weeks it is highly likely I have brought it up at least 100 times in conversation. It's like 'Sex and the City' without the glitz and glamour. It is raw, honest, at times a little too honest, and refreshingly different to all the cheesy rom-com currently trying to be passed as entertainment. 

Girls is created by another girl-crush of mine, Lena Dunham. Not only does Lena star as the lead character Hannah, she also wrote and directed the first series. All with the help of Hollywod comedy God Judd Appatow (you may have seen Judd's work- 40 year old Virgin, Knocked Up, Pineapple Express). 

The show is based on Lena's life and explores how a group of friends in their 20's navigate life in New York City. 

I should note that it is not one of those shows that you can start watching from any random episode and immediately like. Do yourself a favour and spend a hangover day lying on the couch and watching the first series from start-to-finish. It really takes a while to actually like the characters, but once you do you will find yourself attached! 




4. Bucketlist (bar)

Located on Bondi's pavilion overlooking the beach, this is as close to 'bar heaven' as you can get. No where else in Bondi (perhaps excluding Iceberg's) will you get such a fab view! This bar has the three things that tick my list.. hot hipsters, great food and jugs of sangria! 

Don't go past their ahh-mazing steak sandwiches, which are definitely worth breaking your no-carbs diet for! They are large enough to share with a friend should you just be looking for a snack and I find they are best washed down with a jug of red-wine sangria... or a Mojito... or both!


My hot tip is to get there early on Saturday/Sunday as it can be tricky getting a seat outside anytime after 5pm, but hey who doesn't love a Sunday session in the sun!

















No comments:

Post a Comment