Sunday 7 April 2013

The most amazing meal you will ever have!!



Now, I know I tend to get a little over-excited when it comes to food. There is nothing I enjoy more than a lovely dinner with lovely friends. So it was a cold and rainy Friday night that brought the gang and I to Yulli's Restaurant, Surry Hills for the gorgeous Vee Vee's birthday dinner.

Now I have to be straight up with you, when I heard it was a "Vegetarian" Restaurant I wasn't overly thrilled. However, upon strong recommendation from Simon, we all ordered the banquet menu. Here I was thinking "great I can't wait to feast upon a meal of rabbit food" but oh no dear readers, I am not joking when I state that this dinner was quite possibly the best meal of my life!!

Seriously, Yulli's should be awarded a medal for making healthy, meat free food taste so delish!! I may have over indulged and eaten everything that was placed in front of me. To the point where I thought they were actually going to have to roll me out of the Restaurant, but it was that good.

There was Edamame and Coconut money bags served with a pineapple sweet chilli sauce, falafel balls served on betel leaves with a spicy tomato chutney, Salt and Pepper tofu, steamed leak and ginger dumplings, Porcini mushroom and haloumi Pizza, and for dessert there was a platter of chocolate brownies and caramel cheesecake. Yes that's right, I had died and gone to Vegetarian heaven.

Amongst my dining companions that night was a country boy who was brought up on sturdy roast dinners, some divine English friends from the land of the sunday fry up, and the bestie and I who thrive on a carnivorous diet. So to see everyone embracing the concept and actually enjoying it was a treat!

If you feel like trying something different I highly suggest you check out Yulli's. You won't be disappointed!

http://yullis.com.au/


2 comments:

  1. i've been to yulli's once and really liked it. hope to return again one day. the banquet menu sounds like the go to get to try a few things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Yulli's on Friday night and found your blog post whilst googling a possible recipe for the Edamame and Coconut Money Bags. Aren't they just divine?!
    I can't wait to go back. I'm vegan, but reading this makes me more than confident my carnivorous friends will enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete