Friday 18 January 2013

Best kept secret brekkie spot in Sydney..

Buried deep in the tiny back streets of Surry Hills lies a cafe that serves arguably the best coffee and breakfast in Sydney.

It's not often that I venture out of Bondi for my brekkie (not because I'm an eastern suburbs snob, more because I'm a lazy sod!) so when I do I want it to be something pretty darn special and I am happy to say I wasn't disappointed.

Meeting my two most favourite peep's this morning, we traipsed ourselves down to Reservoir Street and into a funky little cafe called 'Toast' (cute name!).

Browsing the menu with my eyes still half-closed (who get's up at 7am... seriously!) I ordered a frothy cappuccino and something described as a 'Breakfast Burrito'. It came to the table promptly and was filled with avocado, bacon, lettuce, tomato and hollandaise sauce..... I was almost disappointed that I wasn't suffering from a hangover, because this really would have been the cure!

The staff are certainly your hipster type, with our lovely waitress sporting a sleeve of tattoo's and a lovely grin. The barister also welcomes you with a warm greeting and a fabulous rock 'n'roll quiff of hair!

If that's not enough for you, the juice is served in jam jars and they make their own chilli jam which one of my dining companions described as 'effing awesome'!

Check it out!

Toast Cafe
45 Reservoir Street
Surry Hills
http://www.toastcafe.com.au/cafe.php





No comments:

Post a Comment